About the Data Science Association
Together, we can shape a better future using data science!
The Data Science Association is a non-profit professional group that offers education, professional certification, a "Data Science Code of Professional Conduct" and conferences / meetups to discuss data science (e.g. predictive / prescriptive analytics, algorithm design and execution, applied machine learning, statistical modeling, and data visualization). Our members are professionals, students, researchers, academics and others with a deep interest in data science and related technologies.
Mission & Principles Mission
To promote data science to improve life, business and government.
Our guiding principles set the aspirations that we endeavor to achieve:
- Setting standards for the ethical professional practice of data science.
- Assuring base-level data scientist competency.
- Advancing data science to serve core values of the scientific method and noblesse oblige.
- Helping to shape a better future - not just for the powerful, but for the majority of people.
- Data Science Independent Auditing
- Independent Expert Witness Services
- Data Science / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence Education
- Algorithm Design and Execution
- Developing Data Science Canons and the Scientific Method
- Organizing Data Science Conferences