December 22, 2013
Data Science Association Announcements
Check out the Data Science Association Store for access to the best and latest data science related books.
DSA Advisory Board Member Gary Cokins published a new book "Predictive Business Analytics". Gary is an expert with talent for simplifying complex subjects. Strongly recommend adding this book to your library.
Event: Adding Predictive Analytics to Existing BI Team & Random Forest and Cart Decision Trees using R - Tuesday January 14 @6:15pm MST - Register for Livestreaming @http://bit.ly/1jbHmBp
New DSA Resources:
- SPOT: R Package Automatic Interactive Tuning of Optimization Algorithms by Sequential Parameter Optimization
- Minimal MapReduce Algorithms
- High Performance Risk Aggregation Addressing the Data Processing Challenge the Hadoop MapReduce Way
- Missing Data using Decision Forest and Computational Intelligence
- Introduction to Artificial Prediction Markets for Classification
Data Science News Articles
- Analyze Large Data Sets on Elastic MapReduce Clusters With Impala
- Big Data, Fantasy Football, and Yahoo's Quest for Mass Personalization
- BitYota Cloud-based Data Analytics for JSON
- Traders Seek Edge with High-tech Snooping
- Scalding, NoSQL, Scala, Functional Programming and Big Data
- Data Mining to Recruit Sick People
- Typhoon Exposed Limits of Tech
- FoundationDB Celery Broker and Backend
- How Businesses Can Apply the Analytic Lessons Learned in Sports
- How Big Data Will Mean the End to Job Interviews
- Measure Actual Customer Behavior
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
© 2013 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.