June 28, 2020
Together, we can shape a better future using data science!
Duties to Client
A professional data scientist has certain duties to a client/employer pursuant to the Data Science Code of Professional Conduct:
Rule 7 - Duties to Prospective Client
(a) A person who consults with a data scientist about the possibility of forming a client-data scientist relationship with respect to a matter is a prospective client.
(b) Even when no client-data scientist relationship ensues, a data scientist who has learned information from a prospective client shall not use or reveal that information.
(c) A data scientist subject to paragraph (b) shall not provide professional data science services for a client with interests materially adverse to those of a prospective client in the same or a substantially related industry if the data scientist received information from the prospective client that could be significantly harmful to that person in the matter, except as provided in paragraph (d).
(d) When the data scientist has received disqualifying information as defined in paragraph (c), providing professional data science services is permissible if:
(1) both the affected client and the prospective client have given informed consent, confirmed in writing, or:
(2) the data scientist who received the information took reasonable measures to avoid exposure to more disqualifying information than was reasonably necessary to determine whether to provide professional data science services for the prospective client; and written notice is promptly given to the prospective client.
- Forecasting for COVID19 has Failed
- Machine Learning Learns from Lung CT Scans to Diagnose COVID19
- CRISPR Cures 3 People of Inherited Diseases
- Why Some People Always Get Sick & Others Stay Healthy?
New Books from DSA Store:
New DSA Videos:
- Medical Doctors Explain Government COVID19 Response and Demonization of HCQ
- Evidence-Based Medicine Has Been Hijacked
New DSA Resources:
- AI System for Accurate COVID19 Diagnosis Using Computed Tomography
- Machine Learning Rapid Diagnosis of COVID19
© 2020 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.