June 7, 2020
Together, we can shape a better future using data science!
Viruses of the Mind
While dealing with COVID19 we must also consider a more serious and pernicious type of pathogen. Viruses of the mind appear to be a more serious long-term problem in the world today. We must honor the distinction between theoretical and practical reason.
Professional data scientists must be able to distinguish unchanging principles from policies that may change according to circumstances exposed by real-time data. The professional is aware of cognitive and confirmation biases and follows processes to avoid or mitigate: emotions, politics, ideology, personal hatreds, and agency conflicts.
The professional has an open mind and deals in objective reality based on strong evidence and high quality data.
Beware of defending theories that masquerades as reality in untrained and undisciplined minds.
- SARSCoV2 RNA in Sewage Indicator of COVID19 Outbreak Dynamics
- Predictive Performance of Models: COVID19 Evidence
- Japan Ends COVID19 State of Emergency
- Infection Rates in Norway Too Low to Justify Broad Testing
New Books from DSA Store:
New DSA Videos:
New DSA Resources:
- BlackOut: Speeding up Recurrent Neural Network Language Models
- Generating Text with Recurrent Neural Networks
© 2020 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.