March 7, 2021
Together, we can shape a better future using data science!
Seasoned data scientists attempt to simplify complexity. Yet the process of simplification is itself complex.
Elite professional athletes, surgeons and traders will tell you that "simple yet hard" is the norm. One must master complex techniques and conceptual frameworks yet simplify and embed them deep into the subconscious for elite performance. This takes many years of learning, hard work and experience.
Coaching others to understand complexity and simplify into decision-making processes is extremely difficult. The gap between teaching theory and real-world practice is huge. Yet teaching deep understanding of complexity and probability theory is critical for coaching and leading a high performance data science team.
Simplifying complexity with true understanding is the secret sauce to elite performance and making better decisions.
- GPT-3 Machine Learning Language Generator
- Ten Breakthrough Technologies 2021
- D-Wave's Hardware Outperforms Classic Computer
- CDC Estimated 1-Year Decline in Life Expectancy. Try 5 Days
New Books from DSA Store:
- Evaluating Learning Algorithms: A Classification Perspective
- Pattern Recognition Using Neural Networks: Theory and Algorithms
New DSA Videos:
- Things You Can Do with a Recurrent Neural Network
- Florida Wins the Lockdown Science War - Hands Down
New DSA Resources:
- Necessity of Construct and External Validity for Generalized Causal Claims
- The pandemic fallacy: Inaccuracy of social scientists’ and lay judgments about COVID-19’s societal consequences
© 2021 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.