August 17, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: Bayesian Optimization: From A/B to A-Z Testing & Artificial Intelligence Debate - Oracle, Broomfield, CO - August 27, 2014.
Event: Round 1 - 2014 TEXATA Big Data Analytics World Championships - Online - August 30, 2014.
International Journal of Data Science - Call for Papers - Deadline October 1, 2014 for Next Issue: The Data Science Association International Journal of Data Science (IJDS) is calling for papers. The deadline for the next available IJDS issue is October 1, 2014. Guidelines for data science practitioners are different and more lax than academics: Length between four (4) and eighteen (18) single spaced pages in Word format. If you would like to submit a paper contact us here.
Data Science Association Committees: If you would like to join a DSA Committee click on the link below and contact the Committee Chair:
- Data Science Conference Planning Committee
- Data Science Standards Committee
- Committee on Data Privacy Law and Regulation
- Data Science Education Curriculum Committee
- Data Science Professional Conduct Committee
- International Journal of Data Science Committee
- Certification and Licensure Committee
New Books from DSA Store:
- Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality
- A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing
- Mind and Cosmos: Why the Materialist Neo-Darwinian Conception of Nature Is Almost Certainly False
New DSA Videos:
- The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Data
- Deep Learning of Representations
- Geoff Hinton - Recent Developments in Deep Learning
New DSA Resources:
- Empirical Analysis of Supervised Learning Performance Criteria
- Analysis of Heart Diseases Dataset using Neural Network Approach
- Higher Order and Recurrent Neural Architectures for Trading the EUR USD Exchange Rate
- Toward Exascale Resilience
- Big Data Best Practice Guideline - Marketing
- Big Data and Business Analytics
Data Science News Articles
- Tech Firms' Most Wanted: Big-Data Scientist
- Demand Rises for Analytics Professionals, Data Scientists
- IBM Stuffs Neuron Chips Into a 'Frog' Brain
- Will You Lose Your Job to a Robot?
- New Computer Chip Is Designed to Work Like the Brain
- Convoluted World of Data Scientist
- Ex-Merrill Lynch Banker Uses Big Data to Save U.K. Pubs
- OKCupid Experiments with 'Bad' Dating Matches
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- The Ideal Data Science Programming Language
- Git Core Datasets
- Big Data Streaming Analytics Platforms Wave 2014
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.