August 31, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: Real-time Analytics & Visualizing Data in Motion - Rock Bottom, Denver, CO - September 17, 2014.
International Journal of Data Science - Call for Papers - Deadline October 1, 2014 for Next Issue: The Data Science Association International Journal of Data Science (IJDS) is calling for papers. The deadline for the next available IJDS issue is October 1, 2014. Guidelines for data science practitioners are different and more lax than academics: Length between four (4) and eighteen (18) single spaced pages in Word format. If you would like to submit a paper contact us here.
Data Science Association Committees: If you would like to join a DSA Committee click on the link below and contact the Committee Chair:
- Data Science Conference Planning Committee
- Data Science Standards Committee
- Committee on Data Privacy Law and Regulation
- Data Science Education Curriculum Committee
- Data Science Professional Conduct Committee
- International Journal of Data Science Committee
- Certification and Licensure Committee
Featured Books from DSA Store:
- Data-Driven Security: Analysis, Visualization and Dashboards
- The Artificial Intelligence Revolution: Will Artificial Intelligence Serve Us Or Replace Us?
- Brain-Computer Interface Research
New DSA Videos:
- Realtime Analytics for Big Data: A Facebook Case Study
- Security Team 2.1, Google - Security @ Scale
- Encrypted Data at Rest in Hadoop
New DSA Resources:
- Most Winning A/B Test Results are Illusory
- A/B Testing for Marketing Optimization
- A/B Testing Guide
- Kolmogorov Complexity
- Isoelastic Agents and Wealth Updates in Machine Learning Markets
- An Object-Oriented Approach to Reinforcement Learning in an Action Game
- Bioengineered Functional Brain-Like Cortical Tissue
- Gartner's Hype Cycle for Emerging Technology Special Report for 2014
- Agile BI Platforms Vendor Evaluations 2014
Data Science News Articles
- Using Python's Sci-packages to Prepare Data for Machine Learning
- Feature Scaling and Normalization and Standardization for Machine Learning Algorithms
- 10 R Packages to Win Kaggle Competitions
- Challenges of Big Data Analysis
- 22 Free Tools for Data Visualization and Analysis
- Python for Data Science
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.