February 8, 2015
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: Machine Learning for Growth - 169 11th Street, San Francisco - February 10, 2015.
New Books from DSA Store:
- Learning Spark: Lightning-Fast Big Data Analysis
- Fast Data Processing with Spark
- Big Data Analytics Beyond Hadoop: Real-Time Applications with Storm, Spark, and More Hadoop Alternatives
New DSA Videos:
- What's Coming for Spark in 2015
- Elastic Scaling in Spark 1 2 and Beyond
- Recommendation Engines & Accumulo sqql
New DSA Resources:
- Do Deep Nets Really Need to be Deep?
- Recursive Context Propagation Network for Semantic Scene Labeling
- Depth Map Prediction from a Single Image using a Multi-Scale Deep Network
- Deep Symmetry Networks
Data Science News Articles
- Examples of Machine Learning Problems
- Universities Can’t Train Data Scientists Fast Enough for CIOs
- The Map Apps That Move You in the Right Direction
- Big Data Skills Shortages Drive Demand For Business Managers
- Domain Modeling Around Deletes or “Using Cassandra as a queue even when you know better”
- Using Graphs for Recommendations
- Three Things to Know about Document Database Modelling
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Caltrain Quantified: An Exploration in IoT
- Cowboy Data Science
- Centipede - Service-based Pipelines for Document Processing
© 2015 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.