July 13, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: In-memory Computing Principles - Denver Colorado - Monday July 14, 2014 - 6:00pm MDT.
Event: Rocky Mountain HPC Symposium - Boulder Colorado - August 12-13, 2014.
International Journal of Data Science - Call for Papers - Deadline October 1, 2014 for Next Issue: The Data Science Association International Journal of Data Science (IJDS) is calling for papers. The deadline for the next available IJDS issue is October 1, 2014. Guidelines for data science practitioners are different and more lax than academics: Length between four (4) and eighteen (18) single spaced pages in Word format. If you would like to submit a paper contact us here.
Data Science Association Committees: If you would like to join a DSA Committee click on the link below and contact the Committee Chair:
- Data Science Conference Planning Committee
- Data Science Standards Committee
- Committee on Data Privacy Law and Regulation
- Data Science Education Curriculum Committee
- Data Science Professional Conduct Committee
- International Journal of Data Science Committee
- Certification and Licensure Committee
Featured Books from DSA Store:
- Probabilistic Graphical Models: Principles and Techniques
- Developing Analytic Talent: Becoming a Data Scientist
- How to Lie with Statistics
New DSA Videos:
- Sibyl: A System for Large Scale Machine Learning
- Databricks Demo at Spark Summit
- Data Visualization Best Practices
New DSA Resources:
- Clustering for High Dimensional Data - Density based Subspace Clustering Algorithms
- Protection of Human Subjects Law: Title 45 of the US Code of Federal Regulations
- The International Compilation of Human Research Standards
- Warrantless Bulk Surveillance on Americans by Collecting Network Traffic Abroad
- 84th BIS Annual Report
Data Science News Articles
- With Big Data Comes Big Responsibility
- Data Darwinism and Future of Work
- Data Privacy, Machine Learning, and the Destruction of Mysterious Humanity
- Data Doppelgängers and the Uncanny Valley of Personalization
- Why Google's Waze Is Trading User Data With Local Governments
- Growing Backlash Against the Relentless Advances in Technology?
- 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans Couch Kit: Streaming, All The Good Stuff
- Apple Adds Step-counter, Caffeine Tracking to iPhones with iOS 8
- Man and His Machines
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Smart Cities Use Data Science
- No One Expects the Data Science
- The Big Data Landscape 2014
- Role of Big Data and Disruption
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.