July 20, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: Rocky Mountain HPC Symposium - Boulder Colorado - August 12-13, 2014.
Event: Round 1 - 2014 TEXATA Big Data Analytics World Championships - Online - August 30, 2014.
Video and Slides: In-memory Computing Principles.
International Journal of Data Science - Call for Papers - Deadline October 1, 2014 for Next Issue: The Data Science Association International Journal of Data Science (IJDS) is calling for papers. The deadline for the next available IJDS issue is October 1, 2014. Guidelines for data science practitioners are different and more lax than academics: Length between four (4) and eighteen (18) single spaced pages in Word format. If you would like to submit a paper contact us here.
Data Science Association Committees: If you would like to join a DSA Committee click on the link below and contact the Committee Chair:
- Data Science Conference Planning Committee
- Data Science Standards Committee
- Committee on Data Privacy Law and Regulation
- Data Science Education Curriculum Committee
- Data Science Professional Conduct Committee
- International Journal of Data Science Committee
- Certification and Licensure Committee
New Books from DSA Store:
- The Artificial Intelligence Revolution: Will Artificial Intelligence Serve Us Or Replace Us?
- Evaluating Learning Algorithms: A Classification Perspective
- Understanding Machine Learning: From Theory to Algorithms
New DSA Videos:
- Using Statistics to Predict AB Testing
- Introducing the Numenta Platform for Intelligent Computing (NuPIC)
- Turning Data into Things and Things into Data
New DSA Resources:
- Facebook Experiment Complaint - Federal Trade Commission 2014
- Privacy and Civil Liberties Board Report on Section 702 FISA Surveillance Program
- Business Intelligence Report April 2014
- Analytically Powered Organization Executive Roundtable Proceedings 2014
- Worldwide Big Data Technology and Services 2012 - 2016 Forecast
- Simple Model for Determining True TCO for Data Centers
- An Online Experiment of Privacy Authorization Dialogues for Social Applications
- A 61 Million-person Experiment in Social Influence and Political Mobilization
- MillWheel - Fault-Tolerant Stream Processing at Internet Scale
- Smart Machines and the SP Theory of Intelligence
- Information, Compression, Intelligence, Computing and Math
Data Science News Articles
- Data Science: Still the Sexiest Profession Alive
- How Big Data Brings Marketing and Finance Together
- Big Data and Future of Sports
- Baseball and Big Data = Big Business
- Big Data: Necessary but Insufficient for Analytics
- GraphLabs Wises Up Machine Learning Platform
- Oracle Aims to Break Big Data Silos with SQL
- Chicago's New Police Computer Predicts Crimes
- Should Your Data Scientist Be in Marketing?
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Contemporary Big Data Architecture
- In Search of a Definition for Big Data
- Four Reasons for Immutable HDFS Archive
- Big Data & Healthcare Informatics
- List of Meta-Resources for Big Data
- Database Landscape Map
- Spark Summit 2014 Training Videos Now Online
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.