June 22, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: Big Data Business Advantage with GPUs and FPGAs for Real-time Ingest Processing - Denver Colorado - Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 6:00pm MDT.
Event: R User Conference 2014 - June 30 - July 3, 2014 - University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA).
Event: Spark Summit 2014 - June 30 - July 2, 2014 - Westin St. Francis in San Francisco.
Event: In-memory Computing Principles - Denver Colorado - Monday July 14, 2014 - 6:00pm MDT.
International Journal of Data Science - Call for Papers - Deadline October 1, 2014 for Next Issue: The Data Science Association International Journal of Data Science (IJDS) is calling for papers. The deadline for the next available IJDS issue is October 1, 2014. Guidelines for data science practitioners are different and more lax than academics: Length between four (4) and eighteen (18) single spaced pages in Word format. If you would like to submit a paper contact us here.
Data Science Association Committees: If you would like to join a DSA Committee click on the link below and contact the Committee Chair:
- Data Science Conference Planning Committee
- Data Science Standards Committee
- Committee on Data Privacy Law and Regulation
- Data Science Education Curriculum Committee
- Data Science Professional Conduct Committee
- International Journal of Data Science Committee
- Certification and Licensure Committee
Hadoop Summit 2014: See the many videos here.
Featured Books from DSA Store:
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
- Neural Networks and Pattern Recognition
- Pattern Classification
New DSA Videos:
- Deploying a Lambda Architecture - Part 1
- Deploying a Lambda Architecture - Part 2
- Deploying a Lambda Architecture - Part 3
New DSA Resources:
- Toward Human-Multiagent Teams
- Forecasting - Using Neural Nets for Forecasting
- Reverse-Mode AD in a Functional Framework - Lambda
- An Artificial Stock Market
- Nonlinear Support Vector Machines Can Systematically Identify Stocks with High and Low Future Returns
Data Science News Articles
- Google's Eric Schmidt Bankrolling Data Science Fellowship
- Stanford University To Open A Center For Studying Bad Science
- UPS Spends More Than $ 1 Billion on Big Data Annually
- Data Brokers Use ‘Billions’ of Data Points to Profile Americans
- E.U. Debates Which Nation Will Regulate Web Privacy
- Scientists to Drop Research Drones into Hurricanes
- 5 Things Facebook Knows About You
- Five Expert Tips for Succeeding with Big Data Analytics
- A Marketer's Journey Through the Big Data Archipelago
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Intel's FPGA+Xeon for Data Streaming
- Fooled by Twitter Data
- Integrating Kafka and Storm: Kafka - Storm Starter
- 3T Data Manager for MongoDB
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.