July 27, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: Rocky Mountain HPC Symposium - Boulder Colorado - August 12-13, 2014.
Event: Round 1 - 2014 TEXATA Big Data Analytics World Championships - Online - August 30, 2014.
International Journal of Data Science - Call for Papers - Deadline October 1, 2014 for Next Issue: The Data Science Association International Journal of Data Science (IJDS) is calling for papers. The deadline for the next available IJDS issue is October 1, 2014. Guidelines for data science practitioners are different and more lax than academics: Length between four (4) and eighteen (18) single spaced pages in Word format. If you would like to submit a paper contact us here.
Data Science Association Committees: If you would like to join a DSA Committee click on the link below and contact the Committee Chair:
- Data Science Conference Planning Committee
- Data Science Standards Committee
- Committee on Data Privacy Law and Regulation
- Data Science Education Curriculum Committee
- Data Science Professional Conduct Committee
- International Journal of Data Science Committee
- Certification and Licensure Committee
New Books from DSA Store:
- Big Data Analytics Beyond Hadoop: Real-Time Applications with Storm, Spark, and More Hadoop Alternatives
- Apache Hadoop YARN: Moving beyond MapReduce and Batch Processing
- Recursive Identification and Parameter Estimation
New DSA Videos:
- Designing Technology to Restore Privacy
- Google I/O 2014 - Keynote
- Big Data and Statisticians, Revisited
New DSA Resources:
- MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop 2014
- Human Side of Big Data and High-Performance Analytics
- Sexual Orientation and Health Among U.S. Adults - National Health Interview Survey 2013
- Big Data Principles and Best Practices
- In-Memory Computing Principles - July 2014
- Information Theory
- Introduction To Bayesian Inference
- Nonparametric Bayesian Models
- Why Bayesian Nonparametrics?
- Learning About Sensorimotor Data
Data Science News Articles
- Machine Learning and Text Analytics
- Beware ‘Big Data’ Hype, Reports Warn
- Researchers Use Big Data to Get Around Encryption
- Advanced Metrics of Attraction
- Can Data From Your Fitbit Transform Medicine?
- Facebook Is Expanding the Way It Tracks You and Your Data
- Brilliantly Creepy: Marketing Technology & Your Privacy
- The Anxieties of Big Data
- Sports Fans Enjoy Power of Leibniz Entity Recognition
- History of “Scientist”
- The Scientific Method
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Beyond The Visualization Zoo
- Data Fusion is Data Destruction
- Advanced and Predictive Analytics Vendor Ratings 2014
- BMO - Machine Learning Toolbox based on Docker and IPython Notebook
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.