July 6, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: SciPy 2014 Conference - Scientific Computing with Python - Austin Texas - July 6-12, 2014.
Event: In-memory Computing Principles - Denver Colorado - Monday July 14, 2014 - 6:00pm MDT.
Event: Rocky Mountain HPC Symposium - Boulder Colorado - August 12-13, 2014.
Facebook Experiment Paper: Experimental Evidence of Massive-scale Emotional Contagion through Social Networks.
International Journal of Data Science - Call for Papers - Deadline October 1, 2014 for Next Issue: The Data Science Association International Journal of Data Science (IJDS) is calling for papers. The deadline for the next available IJDS issue is October 1, 2014. Guidelines for data science practitioners are different and more lax than academics: Length between four (4) and eighteen (18) single spaced pages in Word format. If you would like to submit a paper contact us here.
Data Science Association Committees: If you would like to join a DSA Committee click on the link below and contact the Committee Chair:
- Data Science Conference Planning Committee
- Data Science Standards Committee
- Committee on Data Privacy Law and Regulation
- Data Science Education Curriculum Committee
- Data Science Professional Conduct Committee
- International Journal of Data Science Committee
- Certification and Licensure Committee
Hadoop Summit 2014: See the many videos here.
Featured Books from DSA Store:
- Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis
- Foundations of Machine Learning
- Brain-Computer Interface Research
New DSA Videos:
- Fraud Detection in Real-Time with Graphs
- Managing and Querying Hierarchies with Neo4j
- Using a Graph Database to Power the Internet of Things
New DSA Resources:
- Experimental Evidence of Massive-scale Emotional Contagion through Social Networks
- NetflixOSS – A Cloud Native Architecture
- Big Data in R
- Global Information Technology Report 2014
- Data Warehouse for Event Streams Violating Rules
- Classi?cation and Novel Class Detection in Data Streams with Active Mining
- Abstraction in Decision-makers with Limited Information Processing Capabilities
- Big Data Blueprints
- Microstructure of the ‘Flash Crash’ - Flow Toxicity, Liquidity Crashes and the Probability of Informed Trading
Data Science News Articles
- Facebook Could Decide an Election Without Anyone Ever Finding Out
- Emotional Contagion on Facebook? More Like Bad Research Methods
- European Regulators Question Facebook on Psychological Testing
- A Bright Side to Facebook’s Experiments on Its Users
- Even the Editor of Facebook's Mood Study Thought It Was Creepy
- Everything We Know About Facebook's Secret Mood Manipulation Experiment
- Facebook’s Unethical Experiment
- Facebook Experiments Had Few Limits
- 46 Things We've Learned From Facebook Studies
- Facebook Advertising Costs: CPC, CPM, CPA & CPL Guide
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Law and Ethics of Online Human Subject Experiments
- Game Changers from Spark Summit 2014
- Data Variety Challenges Data Scientists: Paradigm4 Survey
- Cloud Infrastructure as a Service Magic Quadrant 2014
- Most Innovative Countries - Perception vs. Reality
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.