March 16, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Data Science Forum & Vail Ski Retreat - April 11-13, 2014: The Data Science Association is pleased to announce the Data Science Forum and Vail Ski Retreat, to be held 11-13 April 2014 in Vail Colorado. Register Now.
Call for Papers - International Journal of Data Science: The International Journal of Data Science is calling for data science related papers. Submit on or before April 11, 2014. Email in either regular .pdf format or LaTeX .pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For details and paper requirements see: http://bit.ly/1cHJ0Iz
Event: Sports Analytics - Tues. March 25 @ 6:00pm MST - Register for In-person or Livestreaming @ http://bit.ly/1edGk0d
Event: Text Analytics World San Francisco - March 16 - 22, 2014.
Event: Webinar: Data Science Workshop: Divide and Conquer – how to use Kognitio MPP in-memory code execution with Regression - March 19, 2014.
Event: Webinar: Decision Trees built in Hadoop plus more Big Data Analytics with Revolution R Enterprise - Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 11:00am MDT.
Featured Science Books from DSA Store:
- Information Theory, Inference and Learning Algorithms
- Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis, 3rd Edition
- Uncharted: Big Data as a Lens on Human Culture
New DSA Videos:
- Managing Scale and Complexity at Netflix
- The Evolution of Big Data Processing at Google
- What Is Business Analytics?
- Digitization of Everything
New DSA Resources:
- Tutorial of the EM Algorithm and its Application to Parameter Estimation for Gaussian Mixture and Hidden Markov Models
- Improving Forecasting by Estimating Time Series Structural Components Across Multiple Frequencies
- Free Computer Science Programming Courses for March 2014
- Applied R Language for the Quantitative Social Scientist
- Data Modeling Considerations in Hadoop and Hive
- Scorecard Calibration Using Monotone Adjacent Pooling Algorithm
- Combining and Evaluating Probabilistic Forecasts
- Predictivistic Bayesian Forecasting System
- Graduate Degrees & Online Courses for Data Science and Advanced Analytics - As of March 7, 2014
- Blown to Bits - Your Life, Liberty, and Happiness After the Digital Explosion
- Metadata Report 2014- Piecing Together a Privacy Solution
Data Science News Articles
- Unnamed MLB Team Purchases Supercomputer for Fast in-game Analysis
- Fall of the P-Value - Scientific Method: Statistical Errors
- The Future of Brain Implants
- Personal Analytics Going Into Realms of Wealth & Life Satisfaction
- Udacity Course launch: Exploratory Data Analysis
- Where Big Data Analysis Can Go Wrong - How the Flu Bug Bit Google
- GM Recall Debacle Illustrates Consequences of Poor Data Analytics
- Doing Data Science At Manheim
- Personality Clashes Stalling Data Science Team? Try Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Tips for Hiring Data Scientists
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Druid: Lambda in a Box
- Forecasting with the Baum-Welch Algorithm and Hidden Markov Models
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms Magic Quadrant 2014
- 2014 TEXATA Big Data Analytics World Championships
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.