March 9, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Data Science Forum & Vail Ski Retreat - April 11-13, 2014: The Data Science Association is pleased to announce the Data Science Forum and Vail Ski Retreat, to be held 11-13 April 2014 in Vail Colorado. Book Now.
Join us at the Vail Tivoli - Friday April 11 - Sunday April 13, 2014 for a Data Science Forum & Vail Ski Retreat. Gondola and lifts within short walk of hotel. The entire hotel is wireless, and other amenities include a fully-equipped fitness room, two outdoor hot tubs with mountain views, and complimentary ski valet service/storage. For details and pictures see: http://bit.ly/1lmoKMj
Retreat Activities: Skiing - Free Concerts - Snowmobiling - Dog Sledding - Sleigh Rides - Snow Tubing - Snowshoeing - Ski Bikes - Ice Skating - Ice Climbing.
The world class Tivoli Lodge at Vail, Colorado is less than a block from Vail's main access point, the new "One" gondola. Tivoli Lodge has a TripAdvisor rating of 4.9!
Call for Papers - International Journal of Data Science: The International Journal of Data Science is calling for data science related papers. Submit on or before April 11, 2014. Email in either regular .pdf format or LaTeX .pdf format to: email@example.com. For details and paper requirements see: http://bit.ly/1cHJ0Iz
Event: Sports Analytics - Tues. March 25 @ 6:00pm MST - Register for In-person or Livestreaming @ http://bit.ly/1edGk0d
Event: Text Analytics World San Francisco - March 16 - 22, 2014.
Event: Webinar: Decision Trees built in Hadoop plus more Big Data Analytics with Revolution R Enterprise - Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 11:00am MDT.
Featured Science Books from DSA Store:
New DSA Videos:
- Mindsight: How Can We Create a Healthy Mind?
- The Computational Future
- A New Kind of Science - Computational Experiments
- Wolfram Language Introduction
New DSA Resources:
- Improving Forecasting by Estimating Time Series Structural Components
- Metadata Report 2014- Piecing Together a Privacy Solution
- Agent-based Modeling of a Price Information Trading Business
- A Support Vector Machine Approach for Object Based Image Analysis
- Arch-Garch Models - Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Model
- Information Theory, Inference and Learning Algorithms
- Evolving Hidden Markov Models For Network Anomaly Detection
- What Happened to the Quants in August 2007?
- Artificial Neural Network Model for Forecasting Foreign Exchange Rate
Data Science News Articles
- 72.5% of Statistics Are Made Up
- Why Watson and Siri Are Not Real AI
- Why Text Analytics Matters So Much
- 3 Suggestions for Tackling Text Analytics
- Big Data Productivity Battle
- Top 10 Big Data Pure-Plays
- The Surprise Behind the Most Important Part of Big Data
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- The End of Data Science As We Know It
- Graduate Degrees & Online Courses for Data Science and Advanced Analytics
- To Hypothesize or Not to Hypothesize
- Big Data Skills In Demand
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.