November 16, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: Finals - 2014 TEXATA Big Data Analytics World Championships - Online - November 22-23, 2014.
Event: LineageDB Architecture for Big Data Analytics & Data Quality - CU Boulder - December 3, 2014.
Featured Books from DSA Store:
- Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality
- A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing
- Mind and Cosmos: Why the Materialist Neo-Darwinian Conception of Nature Is Almost Certainly False
New DSA Videos:
- Support Vector Machines
- Watching Your Cassandra Cluster Melt
- Improving Mainframe Performance with Hadoop
New DSA Resources:
- Introductory Lectures on Convex Optimization - Nesterov
- Introduction to Nonparametric Estimation - Tsybakov
- Machine Learning with Operational Costs
- Algorithms for Discovery of Multiple Markov Boundaries
- Ranking Forests
Data Science News Articles
- Cloud Crisis: What if AWS Runs Out of Cash?
- Shift from Predictive to Prescriptive Analytics
- Assimov on Creativity
- Big Data is Future of Europe's Economy
- 5 Big Data Trends Government IT Can't Ignore
- Half of UK firms Lack Analytics Experience
- Right to Privacy in a Big Data World
- Congratulations Hadoop, You Made It - Now Disappear
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Neuromorphic vs. Neural Net
- Tika - Data Integration / Content Analysis Tool
- FrameNet Project - Frame Semantics
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.