October 18, 2020
Together, we can shape a better future using data science!
Discipline = Freedom
Seasoned data scientists understand that leading a high performance organization demands both discipline and freedom. Discipline to apply logic, avoid biases and follow scientific method. Freedom to explore a diversity of conceptual frameworks and allow cross pollination of subject matter expertise.
Elite performing data scientists are creative and require discipline to provide space and freedom to experiment with open minds and without fear. Discipline with data science processes allows operating as a successful adhocracy with a flexible organizational structure without bureaucratic policies limiting freedom. Cross pollination among different specialties and a diversity of thought is messy yet pays massive dividends.
At the end of day, data science talent controls.
Are you building and leading a high performance organization where data science talent can thrive?
- Great Barrington Declaration
- Math Library of the Future
- Futility of Contact Tracing
- ICO's Final Report into Cambridge Analytica
New Books from DSA Store:
New DSA Videos:
- Health Experts Suggest Focused Protection for COVID19 Strategy: Great Barrington Declaration
- Efficacy of Lockdowns, Social Distancing, and Closings
New DSA Resources:
- Bidding Strategies for Display Advertising: How to Avoid Boiling the Ocean
- Deep Learning for Predicting Human Strategic Behavior
© 2020 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.