October 19, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: Spark Gotchas and Anti-Patterns & Julia Language - Level 3, Broomfield, CO - November 5, 2014.
Event: Round One - 2014 TEXATA Big Data Analytics World Championships - Online - October 18, 2014.
Event: 2014 Int'l Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics - Shanghai, China - Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2014.
Featured Books from DSA Store:
- Using R for Introductory Statistics
- The Creative Destruction of Medicine: How the Digital Revolution Will Create Better Health Care
- Data-Driven Security: Analysis, Visualization and Dashboards
New DSA Videos:
New DSA Resources:
- Machine Learning Resource Guide 2014
- Data Analytics Methods and Techniques 2014
- Deep Fisher Networks and Class Saliency Maps for Object Classification and Localisation
- ImageNet Classification with Deep Convolutional Neural Networks
- Adaptive Non-parametric Rectification of Shallow and Deep Experts
- Investment Hangover and the Great Recession
- The Great Mortgaging - Housing Finance, Crises, and Business Cycles
- Polanyi’s Paradox and the Shape of Employment Growth
Data Science News Articles
- Data Virtualization vs. Data Lake
- 5 Tips for Scaling NoSQL Databases
- Creativity Deficit in Science?
- Genetically Modified Micro-humans by 2017
- Humans Evolving into New Type of Human?
- Will Superintelligent Machines Destroy Humanity?
- Analytics Fortify Resilient Midmarket Companies
- What’s Driving the Explosion of Government Data?
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Ebola Cell Phone Tracking
- Predictive Analytics: The Great Mortgaging - Housing Finance, Crises, and Business Cycles
- Great Nobel Prize Visualization
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.