October 26, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
Event: 2014 Int'l Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics - Shanghai, China - Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2014.
Event: Spark Gotchas and Anti-Patterns & Julia Language - Level 3, Broomfield, CO - November 5, 2014.
Featured Books from DSA Store:
- Foundations of Machine Learning
- Machine Learning: An Algorithmic Perspective
- Evaluating Learning Algorithms: A Classification Perspective
New DSA Videos:
- Large-Scale Machine Learning with Apache Spark
- Mining Big Data with Apache Spark
- Introduction to Apache Spark & Scala
New DSA Resources:
- Bid Optimizing for Targeted Online Advertising
- Bayesian Theory of Mind Modeling Joint Belief-Desire Attribution
- Discriminative Structure and Parameter Learning for Markov Logic Networks
- Exploring End User Preferences for Location Obfuscation, Location-Based Services, and Value of Location
- Too Much Talent - Building Optimal Teams
Data Science News Articles
- New to Machine Learning? Avoid These 3 Mistakes
- Translate from MapReduce to Apache Spark
- What is a NoSQL Database? Learn By Writing One In Python
- Big Data: New Oil or Snake Oil?
- Cloud Analytics Face Resistance
- Cloudera Selects Azure as a Preferred Cloud Platform
- Will Free Data Become the Next Free Shipping
- MongoDB – State of the R
- Big Data Knows When You Turn Off the Lights
- Big Data Plus IoT: Opportunities Too Big to Ignore
- 4 Big Data Strategies IT Should Steal from Marketers
- Challenges of Scaling Hadoop
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Data Science is Dead - Long Live the Data Scientist
- Data Science for Reverse Democracy
- Spatial Pyramid Pooling in Deep Convolutional Networks for Visual Recognition
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.