September 28, 2014
Data Science Association Announcements
IJDS Article Deadline: Deadline for submitting papers for next available IJDS issue is October 1, 2014.
Event: Celebrate Data Science in the Cloud - Walker Art Gallery, Denver, CO - October 9, 2014
Event: Round One - 2014 TEXATA Big Data Analytics World Championships - Online - October 18, 2014.
Event: 2014 Int'l Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics - Shanghai, China - Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2014
Call for Papers - International Journal of Data Science - Deadline October 1, 2014 for Next Issue: Guidelines for data science practitioners are different and more lax than academics: Length between two (2) and eighteen (18) single spaced pages in Word format. If you would like to submit a paper contact us here.
Featured Books from DSA Store:
- Data Mining for Service
- Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques
- Data Mining with R: Learning with Case Studies
New DSA Videos:
- Machine Learning in Python
- NoSQL & Non-Relational Databases & Monte Carlo Simulations
- Mythologies of Big Data
- How We Move - Data Visualizations
New DSA Resources:
- Application of Markov Chain in Forecasting Demand of Trading Company
- The Power of Choice in Data-Aware Cluster Scheduling
- Newly Emerging Best Practices for Big Data - Ralph Kimball
- Visualizing Topics, Time, and Grades in Online Class Discussions
- Building the Foundation for Big Data
- User-Driven Sampling Strategies in Image Exploitation
- Using Testing to Enhance Learning
- Master Data Management Solutions Vendor Evaluations 2014
Data Science News Articles
- First Human Brain-to-brain Interface
- Sorting Through Big Data's Challenges Will Take Time
- Rise of the Big Data Engineer
- Crime, Bias and Statistics
- How Junk Science Spreads in Journals
- The Ten Commandments of Science
- 7 Golden Rules for Big Data Projects
- Tech Brokers Deliver Your Data to NSA
- Technology That Ruined Baseball
- Survey: Big Data Deployments Reaching 'Tipping Point'
- Hadoop Data Virtualization from Cask Now Open Source
- 3 Things Every Company Should be Doing with Their Data
- Longest Con In Pseudoscience
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Parallel vs. Distributed file systems: Time for RAID on Hadoop?
- Caveat Data Scientist: Public Trust Low for Science
- Big Data Professional Services Survey 2014
- Master Data Management Wave 2014
© 2014 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.