December 15, 2013
Data Science Association Announcements
The Data Science Association now has 821 members! Network, make new friends and share ideas.
Join us Tuesday January 14 @6:15pm MST for Adding Predictive Analytics to Existing BI Team & Random Forest and Cart Decision Trees using R at the University of Colorado Denver. NOTE: For folks unable to attend in person register and we will email you a livestream link 2 hours prior to event. Register @http://bit.ly/1jbHmBp
Check out the Data Science Association Resources Page for access to data science professional papers. Here are some of the most popular papers:
- A Few Useful Things to Know about Machine Learning
- Random Forests R Package
- Bayesian Bandit Algorithm
- Topological Data Analysis and Machine Learning Theory
- Building Data Science Teams
- How, Exactly, Is Big Data Going to Change the World?
Check out videos, slides and pictures for the December 10 event:†Sequencing the Human Genome & Personalized Medicine & Bioinformatics at the University of Colorado School of Public Health: See: http://bit.ly/1cvMWpe.
The DSA is considering a Data Science Forum & Vail Ski Retreat for March, 2014. Please spend 30 seconds to take the Survey to help us determine level of interest @http://bit.ly/1aLWviG.
Data Science News Articles
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Data Platform in 15 Minutes
- Computer Searches Web to Analyze Images and Learn
- HBase Shell Cheat Sheet
- Demo: map-D Visualizes Big Data Fast with GPUs
- Scaling AncestryDNA using Hadoop and HBase
- High Speed Continuous & Reliable Data Ingest into Hadoop
- Book: Data Just Right: Introduction to Large-Scale Data & Analytics
- Caltech Machine Learning Video Library - Learning From Data
- Chef and Rubies
- 5 Reasons Why Big Data Will Crush Big Research
- Winning Formula to Being a Kaggle Data Scientist
- Hadoop + GPU: Boost performance of your big data project by 50x-200x?
- Hadoop 2 Changes
- Cluster Computing for $0.27/hr using Amazon EC2 and IPython Notebook
- Data Visualization Worth a Thousand Spreadsheets
- Hope for Small Firms in World of Big Data?
Featured Data Science Blogs
We urge you to start your own personal data science blog @http://bit.ly/1dZ9bKI. Great way to share ideas, network and demonstrate your data science acumen.
The following are featured DSA blog posts:
- Data Scientists vs. Data Engineers
- Hadoop vs. Traditional Data Warehouse Cost Comparison
- Rise of Big Compute
- Facebook FBX: Social Media Real-time Bidding Ad Exchange
© 2013 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.