July 12, 2020
Together, we can shape a better future using data science!
Real Data Scientists are Humble
You are a seasoned professional data scientist. You love your work and made a cool US $2.4 million dollars in income last year.
Society anoints you the new Master of the Universe. You help elect US presidents and make your clients/employers huge profits. Others want to be like you and some want to love you.
Yet you must at all costs STAY HUMBLE. Successful people act with humility and treat others with respect.
Professionals are always learning new things and are dedicated lifelong students. Curiosity, questioning assumptions and admitting to being wrong are hallmarks of true professionals.
The true master is always growing intellectually and committed to constant improvement. Elite performance is a mindset.
Hubris, lack of humility, arrogance, cognitive, ideological and confirmation bias, lead to the worst disasters for data scientists.
Stay humble my friends!
- Immunity to COVID19 is Probably Higher than Tests have Shown
- Role of Science in Time of Crisis: COVID19 Experience
- COVID19 Comparison in Six Charts: Sweden and UK
- Robust T Cell Immunity with Asymptomatic or Mild COVID19
New Books from DSA Store:
New DSA Videos:
New DSA Resources:
- Predicting the Trajectory of Any COVID19 Epidemic From the Best Straight Line
- SARS-CoV-2 in Human Sewage in Santa Catalina, Brazil, November 2019
© 2020 Data Science Association, Inc. — All Rights Reserved.